Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy (cough) Anniversary (sneeze) Mommy & Daddy!

10/20 is our 2nd wedding anniversary. If I really think about it, two years doesn't seem like that long of a time to be married, but then, I think about the fact that we have two beautiful sons, an angel, a home, etc. and in these two years, we couldn't be more blessed. Or have had each one of these days since our wedding more blessed. We are so thankful for so many things.

We have had offers of babysitters, but all we want to do is spend the evening at home, with our babies. That would be the perfect night. We have some TV shows from Monday night on the DVR. I can't think of anything I would rather do than cuddle up with my boys and enjoy an evening together to cherish every minute of the last two years and look forward to a lifetime of more special moments.

And judging by the cough/sneeze, we have the crud. Thank God, we do not have fevers, nor Influenza or H1N1, but we do have colds. It is so heartbreaking to see the boys so miserable. Zachary takes it a little harder. His eyes have been red, and he rubs them a lot. He has a bad cough and cries really hard. Maxy sneezes more, and he must have a sore throat. Today, he wouldn't eat his cereal, because every time he needed to swallow, he would cry. Luckily, they are still drinking their bottles well and I am not worried about dehydration. I use the bulb syringe a lot and they tolerate it quite well. Zachy actually gets excited when I come at him with the blue thing. He knows how much better it makes him feel. He breathes really hard though. Nights have been up and down. One night, Max has a tough time and the next night, Zachary does.

I would just like to take the opportunity though, as a mommy of sick babies (and a nurse) to remind people, if you are sick, STAY HOME. Do not use your sick day to go to Target, the grocery store, etc. Your illness could KILL infants, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems. Thank you, I will get off of my soap box now.

Just wanted to send a little update. I am typing in the dark. I went to Walmart after class and am not quite ready for bed. I can hear Dustin coughing in the background and the boys are nuzzled in for the night. I have to scoop them up for kisses when I get home!

Love to all, Stay HEALTHY.
Sara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope they get to feeling better soon... poor babies! My girls are a little sniffly, too, and also love the nose sucker! HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!! My girls were 2 1/2 months old on our 2 year anniversary and we spent the day with our babies as well! Sounds like your first two years of marriage went by just as fast as ours did!