Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Writing it down

The boys are in the age where they are curious about everything. They want to know about everything and they ask about everything. We probably hear, "What doing?" at least 50 times a day. I love it and hate it all at the same time. How many times can you tell a two year old you are just riding in the car, as the passenger, on a 60 mile trip?

It has always been very important to Dustin and me that the boys are polite. We have always stressed "please" and "thank you." Lately, the boys have gotten fairly whiny and have forgotten their manners, so, extra stress has been placed on reiterating why and how we ask for something.

This morning, I was getting the boys ready to go to daycare and Zach had gotten a package of salami out of the refrigerator. He was eating the lunch meat out of the package while I was getting him dressed (don't judge my breakfast choice!:)) Our conversation went like this:

(Max standing above Zach, looking at the lunch meat, Zach laying on the floor getting his diaper changed).
Me: "Zach, give your brother a piece of salami."
Zach dangles salami in front of Max.
Zach: "Bubba: say, may I have bologna please."

I nearly fell over laughing. Obviously Manners 101 is working. And Zach thinks he is the mother.

We are having some difficulty adjusting to daylight savings time. I will never understand the reasoning behind switching time, especially with children. The boys want to nap later (Sunday, I let them nap until 6:30 p.m.) they wake up later (which means we have been late for daycare two days this week). Ugh, I just hate it. I could go on and on about how horrible I think DST is, but if you have young children, you all ready know.

No comments: