Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Better day!

That's the great thing about being a mommy. Things can go from bad to great in a second. All it takes is one smile, one hug, one kiss, one "lub you" and all of a sudden all of the sad, horrible feelings you had are gone, vanished. And your heart is so full, you can hardly stand it.

Today was the very first day of daycare. Hence, my emotion overload. I still can not believe that the boys are old enough to walk, talk, feed themselves, play, etc. They went to daycare today. How is that even possible? We have always had someone come into our home to care for the twins while I slept. I am still working nights, Dustin days. We hired a sitter to come in from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. to allow me to sleep while Dustin went to work. We always knew that we would put the twins in daycare when they were "bigger."

Now, they are bigger. And today was a better day. They LOVED daycare. The whole way home I heard about new friends, kitties, playing outside, painting, lunch, popcorn, etc. The daycare provider told me that the boys were very polite (which of course makes me so proud!)

So, thank you, for a better day. I'm still a little confused as to how my role is changing and how to adapt to that change, but, I was confused when we were trying to get pregnant, I was unsure the entire time I was pregnant and I sure as hell didn't know what I was doing when the boys were newborns. I guess I will muster through this stage confused too. But, thankfully, when it is over, I will be an expert. And that will lead to better days. And a better mama. (Hopefully a blonde one).

No comments: