Thursday, December 4, 2008

Appt. Today, 13 w, 5 d

My appointment with Dr. Roberts went great today. I have lost another pound, so, she gave me some ideas about what to do to try to keep food down. I am going to try to not drink with my food (which is going to be SO hard) and then drink an hour or so after I eat. She also suggested ginger ale or ginger tea. She thought it would be better in 2-3 weeks. I also am going to take some Zofran to help with the nausea and vomiting, either every day or every other day. It won't hurt the babies.

She listened to the babies on the doppler, they both had really good, strong heartbeats. My uterus is getting really big and she commented on how well they are both growing.

The left twin was available right away & we could hear the heartbeat immediately. The right one moved around the whole time before she could finally track it down. Every ultrasound we have had, the left one is sleeping or relaxing and the right one is flipping. It is crazy how they have such incredibly unique personalities in utero.

I will schedule my big ultrasound soon! I will try to call again tomorrow. Dr. Roberts thought that it was a great idea that I go to the U for that.

She suggested that I get lots of rest and do a lot of self pampering. I must look tired or something. I had to rush through a Chemistry test right before my appointment and I was almost late, maybe she could see the stress on my face!

My BP was good though, at 118/72.

My next appointment is on Christmas eve. at 10 a.m. in Zimmerman. All of my appointments will be there now, she is switching her practice to a new clinic (with a rockin' ultrasound machine!) I am still seeing Dr. Roberts every three weeks.

Thank you to everyone who follows our little blog and the growth of our peanuts!

Love, Dustin, Sara, Baby 1 & Baby 2

1 comment:

The Batson Family... said...

Sara,

Glad to hear that you had a GREAT appointment! Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about ya! ((HUGS))

Corrie