Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Appointment

I went to the doctor again this morning for my two week check up. I go every two weeks now, until 34 or 35 weeks, then, I go every week. I saw Dr. Roberts, my OB/GYN and to be honest, it could not have went better. Today I am 30 weeks, 5 days.

My urine was clear for the first time in 1 1/2 months. I had some protein in it before and glucose at my last visit, but this time, nothing, nada.

My blood pressure was 126/72. Up a little from normal, but still perfect.

The doctor praised me on my weight gain. I have gained 30 lbs. since the beginning of the pregnancy, which is pretty amazing. She said every pound is babies, fluid or placentas. She is very proud of my weight gain. And so am I!

I talked to her about the gall bladder & my appointment with the surgeon. She was happy with that, I will follow the diet. I caved and had pizza Tuesday night & thought I was going to die... I guess I really need to be strict about the diet!

She listened to their heartbeats and was able to find them both right away. They were nice & strong.

She addressed some discomfort that I am having, which has been more and more as I am growing. Now, I never have been graceful, but I am certainly getting more awkward as the days go on. If I stand up straight, I usually start to sway and fall!!! My center of gravity is most certainly different!

My paperwork for bed rest is all filled out and dated March 19th! I need to continue to listen to my body and to our boys and know when to say enough is enough. I am not very good at that, but I know that the best place for them to be is in utero still, so when I think it is too much, I just need to let the doctor & work know. I am going to continue doing it all until I say, whoa.

Dr. Roberts also said that with my progress and the growth of these children, we will most likely see them around 36 to 37 weeks!! Which is right around Mother's Day! I am so excited! I can not believe that two babies will be born.

I am still shocked that everything is going so well. My body failed me so bad with my pregnancy for Sammie... Her little heart had stopped beating almost THREE weeks before I spotted. My cervix never opened to have a "natural" miscarriage and they needed to use extra Cytotec during my D & C. I guess my body just didn't want to let her go. And then, it wouldn't get pregnant again right away. I honestly hated what my body was doing all of last year, that now, I am pretty awed at the fact that it is "cooperating" if you will.

Dr. Roberts was so excited that I am still pregnant. I am too. Just a few weeks left to go. We are almost done with the nursery. I bought everything to pack my hospital bag. We picked out the outfits the boys will wear home from the hospital. It is all falling into place & I can't wait.

We also talked about birthing options this morning. It will depend on their positioning in two weeks. I swear Zachary flipped last night, but I can never be positive. If he is head down, we can attempt a vaginal delivery and then try to flip Max during Zach's birth. Otherwise, if he is head down, we can deliver Zach vaginally and Max C-Section. If Zach is breech, they will both be C-Section. We have another ultrasound 4-15 at the University & I see Dr. Roberts again Thursday, April 16th at 10:20 a.m.

Hugs & Love to all of you,

Sara

1 comment:

CrazyMom said...

Sending you some head-first vibes!!