Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Is Here

Sara says that I should blog more and I figured that a post letting all of you know that Spring is officially here is as good of an opportunity as any.

I would also like to take this time to hopefully bring a little of the bright, warm, shining sun of positivity from the new Spring Season into your lives. It seems as though all your hear or read from the various news sources is how bad things are - everywhere.

Sara and I live in Princeton, Minnesota, where the unemployment rate is north of 30%. The town's major employer is Crystal Cabinets. They have been forced to lay off more than 60% of their work force (They had more than 1k employees in the Princeton factory before the layoffs began) due to the downtrodden housing market. I tell you this for one reason - the people that have been laid off from Crystal still have outstanding attitudes and when they come into my work (I work at a GM dealer in town) they have a smile on their face.

I hope to bring that small bit of positivity to the boys when they decide it's time to come out and play. It's tough to look at the bright side of things sometimes, but let's not forget that 92% of folks are still working around the country. Economic downturns breed originality which in turn spurns economic activity.

The thing that bothers me the most, I think, is so many people run around all day with these "world-ending-moods" and take absolutely zero time to look at the positive side of things. If there is anything that I have learned in my 28 years it is this; things are never as good as they seem and certainly never as bad. From a human perspective, I try to stay in the middle of that and maintain some sort of equilibrium as tough as it is sometimes.

Life is too short to stay pissed off and negative about things all the time.

Cheer up and look at the happy side of things. :)

Dustin

No comments: